KMTL Holdings, Co., Ltd. and its group companies *1 (hereinafter referred to as “we”), as Personal Information Handling Business Operators, recognize that it is our important responsibility to properly protect all personal information of our stakeholders including our customers, suppliers, job applicants, and employees. We are committed to protecting personal information according to the handling policy established as below:
“Personal information” means information relating to a living individual containing a name, date of birth, or other descriptions, etc., whereby a specific individual can be identified (including pieces of information which can be readily collated with other information and thereby identify a specific individual).
We will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and the Guideline for Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable guidelines to handle personal information properly.
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
1) To keep you informed of our products and services by email, direct mail, or fax, etc.;
2) To operate and promote our business through face-to-face interaction, telephone call, etc.;
3) To improve our products and services and to develop new products and services; and
4) To respond to inquiries, requests for information, and complaints from customers.
We will strictly control personal information under conditions of appropriate security to protect personal information from unauthorized disclosure, modification, loss, and misuse, in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, guidelines, and internal rules. We will also provide our employees with necessary training and educational activities regarding the proper handling of personal information.
We will use personal information only for the purposes we noticed or announced, unless authorized by the person to whom the information pertains or required by applicable laws and regulations. /p>
We will not disclose personal information to any third party except in the following cases that:
1) such disclosure is authorized by the person to whom the information pertains;
2) part of our business entities is succeeded by another company (the succeeding company shall also ensure to prevent personal information to the extent possible from being leaked or used for other purposes); and
3) disclosure to third parties is permitted by applicable laws and regulations, or guidelines.
We may utilize personal information jointly with our affiliates.
1) Categories of Jointly Utilized Personal Information
Name, information on affiliation (name of workplace, department, etc.), title, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, voice, or history of product purchase (including lease and rental) and service use.
2) Scope of Parties Jointly Utilizing Personal Information
KMTL Holdings, Co., Ltd. and its group companies
3) Purpose of Jointly Utilizing Personal Informationbr> – Purposes of use we noticed or announced to the person pertinent to personal information when the information is collected
– For managing group companies
– For investigation and recording based on laws and regulations, notification and reporting to government and municipal offices, and judicial and administrative correspondence
4) Name of Party Responsible for Controlling Jointly Utilized Personal Information Kobe Material Testing Laboratory Co., Ltd.
If you have any questions regarding your personal information (including inquiries, requests for change, or corrections), please contact the department or person you provided with the personal information (if you provided it via our website, the contact shown on the website), or use the contact form from the below.
When we are contacted, we may ask you to confirm that the request is made by you in order to prevent the personal information from being improperly acquired or modified by a third party.
*1“Group companies”refer to these companies.